Five school boards from across the state were selected today as Honor School Boards in the Texas Association of School Administrators’ annual School Board Awards Program. The awards program recognizes outstandingTexasschool boards for their commitment to school children and their communities.
Since 1971, this prestigious program has honored school boards that have demonstrated dedication to student achievement, making every effort to put students first. The five school boards selected as Honor School Boards are:
- Cedar Hill ISD (ESC 10), Superintendent Horace Williams
- Klein ISD (ESC 04), Superintendent James Cain
- Longview ISD (ESC 7), Superintendent James Wilcox
- McAllen ISD (ESC 01), Superintendent James Ponce
- Northwest ISD(ESC 11), Superintendent Karen Rue
The five school board finalists will be interviewed at the TASA/TASB Convention Sept. 28 ‐30 inAustinand one school board will be selected as the 2012 Outstanding School Board.
All five Honor Board finalists, as well as the Regional winners will be recognized Sept. 29 at 10:30 a.m. during the Second General Session in exhibit Hall 1-2. The three Regional Honor Boards are:
- Pittsburg ISD (ESC 08), Superintendent Judy Pollan
- Socorro ISD (ESC 19), Interim Superintendent Patrick O’Neill
- Southwest ISD(ESC 20), Superintendent Lloyd Verstuyft